I’m joining Crystal of Money Saving Mom in her May challenge: Clutter-Busting Challenge: Get Rid of Seven Things Every Single Day in May! Wanna join me? Here’s what you do…
Each week day in May go through your house and find 7 things you can toss, donate, recycle, sell, or find someone else who can use them. That’s it. These can be big or small things, it doesn’t matter. What matters is that you actually throw them out, sell them, donate them, recycle them, or find someone else who can use them. But such a simple challenge can reap huge rewards. I bet many of us will find more than 7 items some days.
Happy Monday! Let the decluttering continue…
I didn’t post an update on Friday so this haul includes Friday. We also spent some time over the weekend decluttering a few areas of the house including the backyard. I tossed a bunch of backyard toys that were damaged or that my little one doesn’t play with anymore. My husband had the urge to purge so he filled 2 bags with clothes (and hinted that perhaps I should address my clothing). I went through tons of magazines and tossed/recycled many boxes and items taking up space in the garage. I also purged items from our upright garage freezer.
Feels good! I have to admit that I don’t want this month to end because I’m loving decluttering! It’s becoming an illness.
Here’s what I got rid of:
- 2 bags of men’s clothing (one bag not pictured)
- Charging station
- 1 pair baby socks
- Backyard toys including small wheelbarrow (not pictured)
- Items past their prime from upright freezer in garage
- 1 bag of papers for shredding/recycling (not pictured)
Did you do more decluttering? If you have a blog and would like to share a link to your 7+ items as well, please feel free to do so in the comments. If you don’t have a blog, please still share in the comments about your progress! Encouraging one another is a big aspect of this challenge!
More posts in this series:
- May Clutter-Busting Challenge Day 1
- May Clutter-Busting Challenge Days 2 through 4
- May Clutter-Busting Challenge Day 9
- May Clutter-Busting Challenge Day 10
- May Clutter-Busting Challenge Day 11 & A real friend shows you the inside of her fridge
- May Clutter-Busting Challenge Day 12