I’m joining Crystal of Money Saving Mom in her May challenge: Clutter-Busting Challenge: Get Rid of Seven Things Every Single Day in May! Wanna join me? Here’s what you do…
Each week day in May go through your house and find 7 things you can toss, donate, recycle, sell, or find someone else who can use them. That’s it. These can be big or small things, it doesn’t matter. What matters is that you actually throw them out, sell them, donate them, recycle them, or find someone else who can use them. But such a simple challenge can reap huge rewards. I bet many of us will find more than 7 items some days.
I managed to go through many magazines today even though it pains me to part with them. I’ll admit it feels wonderful to get them out of the house. I only have about 1,589 left to go. I started off looking through my cookbooks, but I only parted with one. Hey, it’s a start.
Here’s what I got rid of today:
- 7 pens/markers
- 1 Betty Crocker journal/cookbook about heart health
- Organic body scrub that made me itchy
- 3 packages of pasta–the boxed pasta was organic from Germany which I thought would be great. Not so. It breaks into a million pieces when it hits the water and turns to mush.
- The Trader Joe’s brown bag is filled with papers from the office. I’m not done in there, but it was progress.
Did you do more decluttering? If you have a blog and would like to share a link to your 7+ items as well, please feel free to do so in the comments. If you don’t have a blog, please still share in the comments about your progress! Encouraging one another is a big aspect of this challenge!
More posts in this series:
- May Clutter-Busting Challenge Day 1
- May Clutter-Busting Challenge Days 2 through 4
- May Clutter-Busting Challenge Day 9